Friday 26 June 2015

Drawing project evaluation
When given my project brief, I fully understood what the aim and the outcome of the project insisted of; a variety of different drawings displaying different medias and drawing styles, and to have a finally outcome that shows at least one of these drawings techniques and media. Upon receiving the assignment brief, I was feeling worried and anxious about how the project would go as I found drawing a long process for me, as I always take my time with every drawing and therefore being behind on work and eventually my work load build up; so I was not excited about this project. During the project not much research was needed for this project.
All that was required was to create to have a visual diary that included a variety of different observational drawings that we drew outside of the class. I didn’t experience any difficulties with my visual diary as the work included within my sketch book was of my own choice and could be rushed or precise if wanted to. This gave me relief and hope as I could do any drawing I wanted within my own time, therefore at least having a few completed drawings to add onto my project. I had to fill out my visual diary to help build my drawing skills as the weeks went on. Looking back at my visual diary I see a lot of progression throughout my book. This also helped me with my final piece as it was allowed me to generate ideas and record how my ideas developed.
I was not satisfied with almost all of my outcomes as the majority of my outcomes were not finished as I was using up too much time on one drawing. Also some of the outcomes were not done to a great standard and looked rushed. If I had spent more time and focused on my outcomes and become more pleased with the drawings
I choose my final drawing by looking at a few examples of drawings from Pinterest and was inspired when I came across a drawing where the model who had been drawn had been spilt into sections where one part was a close up of a part of the face. So I did something similar, but however I didn’t zoom into a section of my model; I used two images that expressed two different emotions. One shows my model in an upset/depressed manner while the other is of her gazing and wondering. The reason why I choose these two emotions was because they make up the models persona. I decided to draw the sad and depressed versions of the model as it’s what’s hardly expressed by her as she hides this emotion, so I projected it bigger, while the gazing emotion I made smaller.
The background aspect of this final outcome was to show and express someone close to me and send out a message to them that they don’t hear often about themselves. Almost as if I was trying to show the model her own persona from a different angle.  I also choose to make one of the emotions meaningful towards herself. For example making the gazing emotion smaller and gazing at herself was about her confusion for her goals in life. What she wants and aims to be.
I mainly only used colouring pencils for my final piece. Using only colour’s that expressed the emotion and then colours that went well together, but I also used pencil for a small section of the drawing. I also used different Medias for my other outcomes. For example charcoal and biro pen along with the common hb pencils. None of those equipment’s were of new use to me as I’ve had experience in using them to draw other outcomes in previous works along with in my own free time to practice.
In some of my outcomes I did experience difficulties. For example within one of the drawings our aim was to work without looking directly at our object. So therefore I had to walk to the objects, remember what I saw, and then walk back to my drawing and add it on. Therefore relaying on memory rather than sight. So I experienced difficulties with getting the correct angle and perspective.

Overall I did not enjoy the assignment, as majority of my outcomes I did not finish nor was I pleased with them; although I was pleased with my outcome as although it was rushed, I still liked the outcome as it came out better than I hoped and expressed what I wanted to project.

No comments:

Post a Comment