Thursday 25 June 2015

Unit 77 evaluation

Unit 77 evaluation

 For this project my assignment was to create a bunch of art work inspired by a variety of different artists and the art style of Bauhaus and geometric shapes, while working in different styles inspired by a verity of artists. When looking at the brief, I found the assignment quite simple as the outcome was to create a bunch of different outcomes that were both inspired by Bauhaus and arts and craft movement. Although I did have a few difficulties in coming up with outcomes and designs inspired by some arts for example wassily Kandinsky. Although his work was quite simple to create, however I could not find an inspiration for my own outcome and final piece working in his style. The majority of my research came internet as I found it easier to look for the required information I needed to write about my artist. Although I did go on a visit to the Whitechapel gallery to see the works of Malevich and his black and white squares along with other artists included within the gallery. While researching background information about Josef albers and his coloured squares, while looking at his paintings, I became inspired to create some of my outcomes from looking at a few other painting of his. I later went back to improve and create more coloured square outcomes as I still inspired to create a bunch of non-simplistic outcomes near to the end of the project as more art work inspired me. My final outcomes inspired by Kandinsky was inspired where chosen by a variety of different things; for example two scenery’s along with an object and a song for one of the finals and also some of the qualities and details included within some art work of the artists paintings, to make a clear link towards mine and that of the artist. I had struggled in making the two final paintings as working with acrylic paint was not easy for me as I could not contain it or control it once it had been placed onto the painting, so I had a few issues in getting the paint and outcome too look how I wanted. Although some great outcomes came from the mistakes I had made with the painting therefor I was still pleased with the outcomes. Although I could have improved upon my skills to make the painting look much better and also not rushed. Throughout the processes of this assignment I did learn new art movements that I could eventually use within our works and projects. Coming to the end of the project I didn’t get to complete all my work as some pieces of information and writing was not included within my book as I had to try get what I had done already into my book, but overall I still had the most important and useful outcomes and information required in my book. Looking back at the project there is a few improvements I could have made towards the entire project as some of the outcomes were not to a high standard as expected and required; but some things were to great standard for example the outcomes inspired by Josef albers as I made great outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment